Eileen M. Letts
Eileen Letts is a premier civil trial attorney, with dozens of jury trials and over 100 bench trials, often for Fortune 500 companies and iconic government entities. Ms. Letts has won high-stakes trials in a wide variety of subject matter areas, though she focuses most often on product liability, complex tort, and commercial disputes. She has achieved favorable outcomes in over 88% of her trials.
Ms. Letts is a frequent presenter at continuing legal education seminars and panel discussions of the American Bar Association, the Chicago Bar Association, and the Illinois Institute of Continuing Legal Education.
Ms. Letts possesses deep roots in the Chicago political community. As an example, she served on the transition team of Chicago Mayor-Elect Harold Washington.
Ms. Letts began her career clerking for the Honorable Glenn T. Johnson, Justice of the Illinois Appellate Court from 1978 to 1980.
Representative Speaking Engagements
- Panelist, Is This Admissible, ABA Tips, 2015
- Moderator, Finding Your True Grit: Secret Ingredients in Your Success, ABA Women Rainmakers, 2015
- Speaker, Make it Rain: Rainmaking and its Importance to the Advancement of Your Legal Career, CCBA Young Lawyers, 2014
- Speaker, True Grit and a Growth Mindset: the Secrets of Success for Women Lawyers, American Bar Association, 2014
- Super Lawyer: Personal Injury Defense, 2014 Super Lawyer: 2013 – 2014
- 2015 Listed in the inaugural edition of Who’s Who in Black Chicago
- Distinguished Service Award, Chicago Bar Association, 2005
- Distinguished Service Award, Chicago Bar Foundation, 2001 to 2003
Professional Honors & Activities
IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law
The Ohio State University
U.S. District Court - Northern District of IL