Gediminas Ramanauskas focuses on cross-border intellectual property, privacy and cyber security law. He has more than 10 years of experience, spanning 20 Central and Eastern European countries, with IP enforcement, e-commerce, technology, privacy audits, data inventory, IT security risk reduction, web compliance, Trans-Atlantic data processing agreements, and both U.S. and E.U. Privacy Shield. He is also a Certified Information Privacy Professional in both the U.S. and the E.U. He is a registered legal representative for E.U. trademark and design matters before the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO).
Prior to joining Zuber Lawler & Del Duca LLP, Mr. Ramanauskas was in-house counsel at Monsanto where he handled their Russia and other Central and Eastern European IP and regulatory matters. Prior to that he was the Head of Intellectual Property of Valiunas Ellex, the largest law firm in the Baltic States.
- Reviewer, Voss and Woodcock, Navigating EU Privacy AND Data Protection Laws, 45(2) INTERNATIONAL LAW NEWS 26 (ABA Section of International Law, 2016)
- Co-Author, Lex Mundi Network, World Services Group (WSG) on case law on IP, media, technology and privacy issues (EN, 2006-2012)
- Co-Author, Sweet and Maxwell’s Annual Editions on IP and Data Protection Laws of the World (2006-2012)
- Co-Author, Lithuanian Chapter, Copyright in the Information Society, A Guide to National Implementation of the European Directive (Edward Elgar Publishing, 2011)
- Co-Chair, Los Angeles Knowledge Net of International Association of Privacy Professionals
- Board Member, Lithuanian American Business Association, Los Angeles
- Member, International Trademark Association
Professional Honors & Activities
Lithuanian, Russian, Spanish
UCLA School of Law
Baltic Management Institute
Max-Planck Institute – Munich IP Center
Major: Intellectual Property and Competition Law
Not admitted to practice in California