Jayesh Patel focuses on complex financial, real estate, insurance and commercial litigation.
- Business and Finance—Provided advisory and litigation services, including trial, on insurance coverage, securities and financial misrepresentation, lending and loan guarantees, shareholder or member disputes, and dissolution claims.
- Manufacturing—Provided advisory and litigation services, including trials, to mid-market toy company, mid-market hair care and precision machine shops on multiple matters including general liability, property-casualty, advertising, employment and other claims.
- Real Estate—Provided advisory and litigation services, including trial, to a variety of large-scale and closely-held real estate developers on construction defects claims for large scale developments and high-value single family projects; litigated mechanics lien disputes and subcontractor claims, investor claims and disputes; handled insurance coverage issues for construction defect and property casualty damages; litigated landlord tenant disputes for commercial properties including lease disputes and unlawful detainer lawsuits.
- Joint Venture—Pursued and defended a variety of investor claims involving real estate and business investment projects, based on claimed false-inducement and misrepresentation.
- Government Contract Claims—successfully pursued claim against a municipality for breach of substantial value construction contract on public works project.
- Martindale Hubbell AV rating
- Selectee, Southern California Super Lawyers® 2005-present
Professional Honors & Activities
UC Berkeley, School of Law
UC Berkeley, Haas School of Business
U.S. Court of Appeals – 9th Circuit
U.S. District Court – Central District of CA
U.S. District Court – Northern District of CA
U.S. District Court – Hawaii