- Mark H. Bloomberg
- A. James Boyajian
- Alan C. Chen
- Eric M. Creizman
- Patrick Del Duca
- Michele M. Desoer
- Paul Diamond, Ph.D.
- Alan Dickson
- Allan Gerson
- Jeremy J. Gray
- Brad Harding
- Matt Lane
- Josh Lawler
- Gerold W. Libby
- John C. “Jay” Maloney, Jr.
- Nicole Ostrowski
- Christopher Provenzano
- Michael D. Resnick
- Ryan Smith
- Michael J. Zerman
- Jeff Zuber
- Tom Zuber
Jeff Zuber is a founder of Zuber Lawler & Del Duca, and a partner in its litigation department. Mr. Zuber litigates in the areas of intellectual property infringement and theft and other types of commercial litigation. Mr. Zuber’s litigation experience includes trial and appellate advocacy in federal and state courts as well as arbitration and mediation proceedings. He typically represents large corporations and government entities both domestically and internationally.
We view ourselves as a client partner. As such, we work with uncommon efficiency. Short-sighted litigation practices lead to short-term relationships. Accordingly, we keep clients informed of strategic decisions, providing them with options and associated costs, so that our clients can confidently exercise a greater degree of budgeting precision."
- Jeff Zuber
As part of Zuber Lawler & Del Duca’s commitment to diversity, Mr. Zuber Co‐Chairs the firmʹs Diversity Committee and oversees the firmʹs participation in the Minority Corporate Counsel Associationʹs Fan Affiliate Network as well as the California Minority Counsel Program. Mr. Zuber was selected for inclusion in the 2012 ‐ 2014 editions of Southern California Super Lawyers®.
- Patent Infringement Litigation: Lead counsel in representation of an iconic publicly-traded apparel designer and manufacturer in a patent infringement action filed against it relating to an internet technology patent. Obtained favorable settlement for client, including a full release with no monetary payment;
- Patent Infringement Litigation: Lead counsel in action filed against client regarding a technology utility patent, and successfully pressured overseas manufacturer to offer defense and indemnity to our client after having ignored demand letters from patent troll for approximately one year. Manufacturer soon paid for a full license, and client was dismissed with prejudice from the action without any payment whatsoever;
- Patent Infringement Litigation: Represented a large international appliance manufacturer and distributor in defense against a manufacturing utility patent. Formulated significant defenses in both invalidity and non‐infringement. Settled for fraction of nuisance value;
- Patent Infringement Litigation: Lead counsel in patent infringement claim against client by well known and successful patent troll. Negotiated settlement of the matter for far less than the cost of responsive pleading, and far lower than history of claims by this troll;
- Trade Secret Litigation: Lead counsel in defense of a technology consulting company against employee’s former employer regarding claims of trade secret misappropriation, including confidential client information. Obtained settlement, including dismissal of all claims for no monetary payment;
- Trade Secret Litigation: Lead counsel in defense of a technology consulting company against employee’s former employer regarding claims of trade secret misappropriation, including confidential client information. Obtained settlement for legal fees estimated at about 1/3 the estimated cost of litigating through trial;
- Appeal From $62,784,000 Judgment: Lead counsel on successful appeal obtaining reversal of a $62,784,000 million judgment against client. Successfully argued that trial court used an improper valuation method for a close corporation, notwithstanding the failure of appellants to properly object at trial before retaining appellate counsel;
- Class Action Litigation: Lead counsel for international publicly‐traded cosmetics conglomerate in defense of class action for breach of criminal statute concerning recording of customer service calls. Convinced plaintiff’s counsel to dismiss action due to substantive defense concerning statutory interpretation, as well as a separate defense based on class certification. No monetary payment was made;
- Class Action Litigation: Lead counsel in class action suit concerning breach of membership agreements and demand for rescission by class members. Successfully obtained favorable settlement;
- Proposition 65: Successfully resolved California Proposition 65 claims against major novelty candy importer, through engagement and direction of expert toxicology analysis, together with conduct of operations compliance audit and associated update of best practices implementation;
- Corporate Ownership Dispute:Lead counsel in representation of a real estate holding company and various shareholders against opposing shareholder claiming control of the company. Won declaratory relief obtaining control of the company for the client;
- Contract Dispute: Lead counsel in representation of a technology design and manufacturing company against the State of California over breach of a contract for the design and manufacture of high tech safety and communication devices for use on California’s highways. Obtained favorable settlement for client; and
- Environmental Regulations: Counseled a utility regarding jurisdictional issues over the construction of power plant.
Professional Honors and Activities
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, California State Bar, Litigation Section
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Supreme Court: Growing Patented Soybeans for Replanting Is Infringement Bowman v. Monsanto Co., WL 1942397, 133 S. Ct. 1761 , 38(4) NEW MATTER, (Winter 2013).
- Interference Torts: When Business Competition is Actionable, 16.4 BUSINESS TORTS JOURNAL (A PUBLICATION OF THE ABA), (Summer 2009).
- The Potentially Expensive Line Between Employee and Independent Contractor, 24 INPARK MAGAZINE (Feb-Mar 2009).
- Protection of Unregistered Well-known Marks: China v. U.S., 26 CHINA IP MAGAZINE 9 (Sep-Oct 2008).
- Trade secrets rules, regulation and enforcement in China and the U.S. - a comparative analysis, 24 CHINA IP MAGAZINE 5 (May-Jun 2008).
Indiana U. School of Law - Bloomington
Major: Environmental Sciences
U.S. District Court - Central District of CA
U.S. District Court - District of NJ
U.S. District Court - Southern District of NY
U.S. Court of Appeals - Ninth Circuit