- Mark H. Bloomberg
- Eric M. Creizman
- Bradley Davis
- Patrick Del Duca
- Paul Diamond, Ph.D.
- Jeremy J. Gray
- Johnny Darnell Griggs
- Javier Gutiérrez
- Duane Kumagai
- H. Jacob Lager
- Josh Lawler
- Lisa M. Lawrence
- Gerold W. Libby
- Tristan F. Mackprang
- David F. Michail
- Gilbert Perez, III
- Michael D. Resnick
- Katrina Sharman
- Ryan Smith
- Ashwant Venkatram
- Seth W. Wiener
- Michael J. Zerman
- Jeff Zuber
- Tom Zuber
Jeff Zuber, selected for inclusion in the 2012, 2013, and 2014 editions of Southern California Super Lawyers®, is a founder of Zuber Lawler & Del Duca, and a partner in its litigation department. Mr. Zuber’s extensive litigation experience includes trial and appellate advocacy in both federal and state courts. He represents a wide array of clients, ranging from individuals to public companies, based in varying parts of the country and globe. Mr. Zuber litigates primarily in the areas of intellectual property infringement and theft, class actions, environmental disputes, breach of contract, corporate and partnership disputes, and disputes in the financial services industry. Prior to co-founding Zuber Lawler & Del Duca, Mr. Zuber practiced as a litigator in the commercial litigation department of New Jersey-based Cooper, Rose & English, LLP.
We view ourselves as a client partner. As such, we work with uncommon efficiency. Short-sighted litigation practices lead to short-term relationships. Accordingly, we keep clients informed of strategic decisions, providing them with options and associated costs, so that our clients can confidently exercise a greater degree of budgeting precision."
- Jeff Zuber
As part of Zuber Lawler & Del Duca’s commitment to diversity, Mr. Zuber Co-Chairs the firm’s Diversity Committee and oversees the firm’s participation in the Minority Corporate Counsel Association’s Fan Affiliate Network as well as the California Minority Counsel Program.
- Patent Infringement Litigation: Lead counsel in representation of an iconic publicly-traded apparel designer and manufacturer in a patent infringement action filed against it relating to an internet technology patent. Obtained favorable settlement for client, including a full release with no monetary payment;
- Class Action Litigation: Lead counsel in class action suit concerning breach of membership agreements and demand for rescission by class members. Successfully obtained favorable settlement;
- Trade Secret Litigation: Lead counsel in defense of a technology consulting company against employee’s former employer regarding claims of trade secret misappropriation, including confidential client information. Obtained settlement including dismissal of all claims for no monetary payment;
- Trade Secret Litigation: Lead counsel in defense of a technology consulting company against employee’s former employer regarding claims of trade secret misappropriation, including confidential client information. Obtained settlement for legal fees estimated at about 1/3 the estimated cost of litigating through trial;
- Appeal From $62,000,000 Judgment: Lead counsel on successful appeal from a $62 million judgment based upon improper valuation of a corporation notwithstanding the failure of appellants to properly object at trial;
- Proposition 65: Successfully resolved California Proposition 65 claims against major novelty candy importer, through engagement and direction of expert toxicology analysis, together with conduct of operations compliance audit and associated update of best practices implementation;
- Corporate Ownership Dispute: Lead counsel in representation of a real estate holding company and various shareholders against opposing shareholders claiming control of the company. Won declaratory relief obtaining control of the company for the client;
- Employment Dispute: Lead counsel in representation of a nationally acclaimed songwriter and artist against a media company in an arbitration concerning a contract dispute. Obtained ruling in favor client, including termination of a covenant to not compete and denial of injunctive relief;
- Contract Dispute: Lead counsel in representation of a technology design and manufacturing company against the State of California over breach of a contract for the design and manufacture of high tech safety and communication devices for use on California’s highways. Obtained favorable settlement for the client; and
- Environmental Regulations: Counseled a utility regarding jurisdictional issues over the construction of power plant.
Professional Honors and Activities
- Selectee, Southern California Super Lawyers® 2012, 2013 and 2014
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, California State Bar, Litigation Section
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association
- ”Supreme Court: Growing Patented Soybeans for Replanting Is Infringement Bowman v. Monsanto Co., WL 1942397, 133 S. Ct. 1761,” New Matter, Vol. 38 Num. 4 (Winter 2013).
- ”Interference Torts: When Business Competition is Actionable,” Business Torts Journal (a Publication of the ABA), Vol. 16 Num. 4 (Summer 2009).
- ”The Potentially Expensive Line Between Employee and Independent Contractor,” InPark Magazine (February/March 2009, Issue 24).
- ”Protection of Unregistered Well-known Marks: China v. U.S.,” China IP Magazine (Sep-Oct 2008 9-10, Issue 26).
- ”Trade secrets rules, regulation and enforcement in China and the U.S. - a comparative analysis,” China IP Magazine (May-Jun 2008 5-6, Issue 24).
Indiana U. School of Law - Bloomington
Major: Environmental Sciences
U.S. District Court - Central District of CA
U.S. District Court - District of NJ
U.S. District Court - Eastern District of NY
U.S. District Court - Southern District of NY
U.S. Court of Appeals - Ninth Circuit