Martin P. Greene
Martin Greene is a battle-hardened trial attorney with an outstanding record at trial. Mr. Greene has won high-stakes trials relating to a wide variety of subject matter, though he focuses most often on employment, labor, commercial and class action disputes. He has successfully defended against class and collective actions alleging wage and hour discriminations. Mr. Greene has achieved favorable outcomes in over 84% of his trials.
He typically represents large public companies and government entities. He often defends public sector entities in strong union environments.
Mr. Greene speaks frequently on the need for greater diversity in education and in the legal profession.
Mr. Greene possesses deep roots in serving the establishment of leading governmental institutions. As examples, he served on the transition teams of President-Elect Ronald Reagan and Chicago Mayor-Elect Harold Washington.
Membership and Activities
- Executive Committee (Secretary to the Board) of the National Association of Minority and Women Owned Law Firms (NAMWOLF) and Advocacy Committee Co-Chair
- Member of Advisory Board for The Institute for Inclusion in the Legal Profession
- Member of the Board of Visitors for the University of Illinois at Chicago, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Member of the National Employment Law Council
- Past board member of School District 69 in Skokie, Illinois
- Panelist: The Business Case for Diversity: Reality or Wishful Thinking? ABA Section of Litigation, April 2013
- Panelist: Beyond the Business Case — Diversity and the Small/Medium Firm ABA Section of Litigation, April 2013
- Moderator: Using African-American Owned Law Firms/Rooney Rule, NBA May 2013
- Panelist: Employee Classification: Boost the bottom line, or toe the line? Law Bulletin Employment Law Conference
- 2016 NAMWOLF Yolanda Coly Advocacy Award
- 2015 Leading Lawyer - Leading Lawyers Magazine
- Saint Ignatius College Prep Alumni Award for Excellence in the Field of Law 2014
- Listed in the inaugural edition of Who’s Who in Black Chicago
Representative Speaking Engagements
Professional Honors & Activities
University of Chicago Law School
University of Illinois at Chicago
Federal Trial Bar
U.S. District Court - Northern District of IL