Visiting Foreign Attorney Internship Program
Zuber Lawler & Del Duca exemplifies the spirit of our emerging global culture. Providing high quality legal services on local, national, and international levels, our expertise and experience has been cultivated through our unique hands-on approach and unparalleled commitment to client service. Over the past half decade Zuber Lawler & Del Duca has refined and expanded its international practice, attracting several of the world’s most talented, experienced and knowledgeable attorneys. Capable of representing clients with exceptionally well-developed professionalism on matters which involve a variety of cross-border transactional and litigation issues, Zuber Lawler & Del Duca has developed an internship program specifically focused on the training and development of foreign attorneys. Our Visiting Foreign Attorney Internship Program aims at facilitating the exchange of information and insight, with an emphasis on mentorship and colleague interaction beneficial to our firm, our clients and our visiting foreign attorneys.
Primary Goal of Program
Our vision for this Program stems from the vision and goals of our firm. At Zuber Lawler & Del Duca, our attorneys are committed to providing superior legal representation that is not only professional, but accessible and personal. This program seeks to provide a visiting foreign attorney with a realistic sense of the work performed at our Firm and an in-depth overview of the U.S. legal system. Assignments will correspond to skill level and matter knowledge, and work expectancy will be comparable to that of a junior associate attorney. Opportunities to attend client meetings, hearings, trials and closings will be available to the visiting foreign attorneys participating in this Program, and attendance will be encouraged by the Firm. Mentors will be assigned on both the Partner and non-Partner levels, one from our transactional practice and one from our litigation practice. It is the goal of Zuber Lawler & Del Duca to encourage visiting foreign attorneys to interact with their colleagues in an effort to stimulate and support growth as an attorney, a critical step in both personal and professional development. In addition to immediate feedback on work assignments from assigning lawyers, each visiting foreign attorney who participates in this Program will receive formal evaluations at the predetermined end-date of the internship program.
- Applicant must be either a practicing attorney licensed to practice and in good standing in a non-U.S. jurisdiction, or must be a law-trained member of the legal department of a corporation or other institution having its office located outside the United States.
- Applicant must have strong English skills, and multilingual applicants are especially encouraged.
- Applicant must have a strong interest in becoming familiar with the Anglo-American legal system.
Your Application Should Include:
- A personal letter in English, explaining your interest in our Visiting Foreign Lawyer Internship Program;
- A resume in English;
- A copy of your license to practice law in your home jurisdiction, if you are a practicing lawyer;
- A letter of recommendation from a member of the legal profession of your home jurisdiction or, if you are a law-trained member of the legal department of a corporation or other institution having its office located outside the United States, from a senior representative of that department.
Zuber Lawler & Del Duca
777 South Figueroa Street
Los Angeles, CA 90017