This website is designed for general information only. Results may vary depending on particular facts and legal circumstances.
Strategic Legal Solutions for Visionary Clients
Government Procurement Law
The firm’s work for clients includes expertise in government contracting matters, techniques, statutory and regulatory requirements and practical issues such as:
- proposing or bidding on Federal contracts to be awarded;
- systems for effective performance of such contracts;
- creating and awarding subcontracts;
- conforming to increasingly stringent requirements of U.S. regulations, statutes and prohibitions;
- counseling on protection of company intellectual property rights while performing government contracts and thereafter;
- navigating the Government’s several kinds of regulations, e.g. Federal Acquisition Regulation, Defense FAR Supplement, and Department of Commerce regulations on export controls;
- bidders’ right to protest awards to their competitors (and in appropriate circumstances recover administrative and legal costs of pursuing such protests);
- responding to threatened or actual Government terminations of contracts for the “convenience” of the Government or for the “default” of the performing contractor;
- complying with recent rules on “conflict minerals” and associated record-keeping requirements;
- understanding the Government’s powers and procedures with regard to security clearances that may permit contractor employees and/or legal staff to access classified information;
- the “Changes” clause inserted in virtually all Government contracts; and
- statutes and regulations governing contractor duties toward their own employees.